Pregnancy: Aug 2015 Babies Community

glucose levels

I failed my glucose test by 4 points.. they wouldn't let me do the 3 hour one because of my anxiety and fear of needles.. but their making me use a diabetic thing to check it I haven't started it yet because my ob never showed me how to use it.. and just thinking about it puts me into an anxioty attack what am I even supose to do.. i can't keep freaking out like this but if I end up doing my levels 4 times a day like they want it's going to kill me with these attacks.. please help me
Ok, let's start out with your glucose test, it isn't a test you can pass or fail. It just means your body isn't making enough insulin to control your sugar. Number 2 you poke your finger or arm squeeze area until you have a drop of blood. Put the strip in the meter let it read it then when it tells you to you touch the test end to the blood it will soak some of it up begin to test it and beep when it's done. Wipe away excess blood with a alcohol pad. It's nothing. Just be glad you don't  have to take insulin shots.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.