Pregnancy: Birth Plan Community
171 Members

birth plans that go to plan

In the beginning, I was so excited about having an all natural water birth with a midwife and a doula at a birthing center. My mom and my boyfriend would be right beside me with support and encouragement. Then I'd get to hold my little boy up for his first feeding, and everything would be perfect...

Now I'm 36 plus weeks and nothing of the above is going to plan. I'll likely be having a c-section at a hospital for my little girl. And there's no guarantee that my boyfriend well be there. My mom will most likely, but that's all that remained the same. I was never able to get a hold of a doula either and there are no tubs at the hospital for laboring either without a doula present.. So many more things throughout my pregnancy didn't go to plan either..

Anyone else going through the same birth plan failures?