I was stuck at 2cm for a month and then started having contractions that felt different. I felt them more in my pubic bone and lower back, but not all over my abdomen that much. I went into L&D and they said I was dehydrated, but couldn't get my contractions to slow or stop. They admitted me and by 10:29 the next morning I had my baby. I lost my mucus plus almost three weeks before going into labor. It's really all just guesswork and when the baby wants to come. But believe me, I know how you feel about wanting to have your baby.
there is no way to predict when unfortunately.
i had the lovely experience of 36 hours of labor this weekend, and am STILL pregnant. Stalled out Sunday night and waiting for things to start back up again.
babies will do what they want unfortunately and we jsut get to wait and see when they want to come out :)
I had similar situation with my first baby.. I was slightly dilated, lost the mucus plug really close to due date and had to be induced at 40w 6d... his delivery ended in a c-sec, since the cord was around his neck- he wasnt dropping into position, cause of the cord- which is why I didnt really get contractions or dilate much.
I think it is smart for your Dr to wait if the baby is not measuring very big.. Good luck to you when ever D-day comes and cheers to a healthy baby & mama!!
I still have 16days- no contractions or loss of plug yet =(
I'm measuring 6 weeks behind now. Started dilating at 32 weeks (2cm and 50%) and now I'll be 40 weeks tomorrow and am a 5cm (can stretch to a 6) and 90%. Sitting, waiting, waiting, waiting for something to happen.
I cant believe they havent admitted you for safety... heck- you could go any time/day. Hopefully the labor isnt excruciating and you both are healthy and well after.