Pregnancy: Dec 2010 Babies Community
120 Members

My baby girl is here!

Wow, lots of new arrivals! Congratulations to all the mamas and good luck to the moms to be!

Baby Iris was born 10 days ahead of schedule on Dec 8th, just shy of 7 lbs. The contractions started at around 9pm with light cramping and I was thinking I probably have a couple of days left but I guess she had other ideas - we got to the hospital at 2 am when my contractions were 1-1.5 min apart and she was born at 2:51 :) It was an amazing experience and holding my little daughter for the first time was truly incredible. It took a couple of days to work out our breastfeeding routine - I seem to have too much milk! - but I think we're both on board now.

Can't wait to hear about all the rest of the birth stories
Wow congrats momma.  Glad to hear everything worked out well for you- so fast.  I'm jealous about your milk supply.  Twns have been here a week today and my milk is still very low.  Congrats!!
Yay!  Congratulations!
congrats!
Congrats on Baby Iris! I too am jealous of your milk supply! We're having trouble in the breast feedind dept. I'm glad everything went smoothly for you two!
Congrats on your baby girl.. glad to hear all went well and you didnt have much time stuck in L&D. I havent even had my baby yet, but I too am jealous of the milk... hope mine comes in and stays in this time!
CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW BUNDLE OF JOY MY BABY GIRL WAS BORN ON THE 7TH OF DEC 7LBS 5 OZ 20 INCH LONG
Congrats and great job!
grats! i thought i had too much milk but it went down a bit after the initial crazy supply and rock hard breasts. im still working on the breastfeeding, she still won't latch on for me. She lets go. Pumping for now.
Congrats!!  
elixs, Ava is a pumping baby too!  I got scared after the jaundice incident and I've been pumping ever since.  I breast feed inbetween feedings if she is acting hungry but it's mostly bottles!
Congrats x
Thanks all for the well wishes! Glad to hear all the other mommas are doing well too.
Breastfeeding is one thing I hadn't done research on beforehand and am finding out I should have! It is not at all as straight forward as I thought... or hoped :) It's a learning curve but totally worth it.
Question: would you mind sharing what you learned or wished you had known earlier? I took a 3 hour breastfeeding class and read a chapter from a book. But otherwise, I feel woefully unprepared. I really want to breastfeed and would love new mom advice!
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.