MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

back/hip pain

Is anyone else having low back or hip pain?  I have woken up the past two morning with pain in my low back and hips.  I can't get comfortable to fall back asleep!  I have read that it could be the ligaments softening up or it could be stretching from the growing uterus. I am trying to do some little strethes now and going to start prenatal yoga once a week on the 19th.  Just wondering if anyone else was getting this?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i have the same also...but have had lower back problems off and on before pregnancy.
But i did read that it is normal :)
Helpful - 0
I have lower back pain but it could be due to constipation and yes the round ligament stretching has started for me already this time around.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Dec 2010 Babies Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.