sharing the news

I am 9 weeks and haven't told my family yet. I want to do it in person. I am excited to tell mom and sister on Saturday.  It has been so hard to keep it a secret from them. Some days I want to tell everyone that I see or talk to and other days I want it to be my secret forever. Anyone else have those mixed feelings?  When did you or will you tell everyone your news?
I told my dad and my husband told his when we got a positive pregnancy test (I was 5wks 1day). Then we announced it publicly after the first ultrasound (I was 9weeks 4days) when I got The all clear from my doctor that baby and me were doing good. But with my first pregnancy I told as soon as I found out. Which resulted in a miscarriage soon after finding out. So, It's all about personal choices. close family Can be a support and help.
i feel the same way! I flip flop daily.
Im 12 weeks,we had our 1st ultrasound yesterday. Everything looked great so we told our whole family. It was hard to keep everything a secret but we were nervous to tell everyone until we had the ultrasound. Congrats and good luck!
Im 12 weeks 5 days. I told my sisters as soon as I found out. I told my parents when I had my first ultrasound at 9 weeks bc I wasnt sure how they would react. Then I announced it to everyone I work with today! (About 100 people) I feel relieved to not hide it:)
I am a ftm & am 10 weeks today. I also haven't told my family & want to as well but want to wait until my ultrasound. So I have the same mixed feelings as u. I plan to tell them on father's day. Hopefully it will b a wonderful surprise. I think they already suspect that I am, but I haven't told them officially yet. I'm curious to see their reaction! Ur family will b so happy once u tell them! It's a nice secret for now, but once u share the news, u will get to celebrate & enjoy the remainder of ur pregnancy with the ones u love while having full support! Good luck on sat! :)
Thanks! I wanted to tell my family sooner, but we live 700 miles apart and I really wanted to tell them in person to see their reactions. I know there will be tears of joy :-) I had my first ultrasound 2 weeks ago, so I have pictures to give them I am excited. I am sure I will tell extended family the following Saturday.  My cousin is getting married and everyone will be suspicious of me not drinking. Lol.
Omgosh, your story of mis... is EXACTLY what im terrified of! I found out at 6wks, within 2days, on Mothers Day actually i and my mom had told the last member of our close,lrg family. In 2dys 14-17 people knew. Then at 6wks 8dys i had some dark mucusly like spotting. My grandmother raised my mom, aunts and thru my mom i became superstitious? Like i thought i had jinxed it. But dr told me it was something not to worry about. Last wk at 10wks 3dys i had my ultrasound where i SAW my lil peanut sized baby ACTUALLY MOVE, it kicked its lil leg stumps? Lol!!So i feel a lil better, i told 1 aunt that im close to after the pic, but havent posted on FB, and will NOT buy anything til 12-13wks. When all the drs says it safer. I truly am so sorry for the loss you and yours experienced. But thank you for sharing that. I now know im not the only one that thinks that way.
So, I told my mom and sister yesterday. I gave them each a gift bag with a plaque/picture holder that said "The only thing better than having you for a mom/sister is our baby have you for a grandma/aunt" and the ultrasound pictures. They both cried and got really excited. It was fun :-)

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Dec 2015 Babies Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.