Pregnancy: Feb 2009 Babies Community
147 Members

baby can't poop

my grandson is 7 weeks old and he has not pooped in 2 days...we have been giving him karo syrup in his water like the dr said too but its not working...hes pooped a little hard ball yesterday and the same the day before...u can see the poop but it just won't come out ...it looks dark green...that makes me think of too much iron ....hes on infomil gentle...i don't know what to do for him...he screams each time he tries to push it out...i know hes in pain...i hope someone can help him
You can prevent this from happening by giving him diluted pear, prune or grape juices - unlike some juices, these are safe for babies to drink (1 oz at a time) practically from birth.  They have nutritional value and have a laxative effect - a great combination.

But if it's been 2 days already, you should put a baby-size glycerine suppository in him (or a soap-sliver suppository) - he needs rapid relief, something that'll make him do a dooey in 15 mins or less
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.