Pregnancy: Jan 2009 Babies Community
127 Members

How soon can urine tests detect hcg?

Hi all... So here is my question. My last period was on 9th of July. And i had sex with my bf on 21st. Now my period is only 2 days late but I feel like I might be pregnant. since 5th of this month i've been feelin like my period is comin at anytime, sore breasts, cramping and so on. And i went to medical centre to see doctor and he took urine test from me and it was negative... So i am just wondering how accurate the clinic tests are? and do feel like u r having ur period anytime soon for 5 days and not having it when u r pregnant?
A doctor's office urine-based test is probably about as sensitive as a home test, and not as sensitive as the early-results home tests.  This is particularly true if you didn't use concentrated urine.  If you want to check his work, get the best early-results test you can find and take it according to the instructions with first-morning urine.
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.