Pregnancy: Jan 2015 Babies Community
637 Members

glucose test

My glucose  test is on Monday but it's in the afternoon and I was always told I had to fast before the test but I know I have to have a lil something to eat so I'm wondering what I can eat that won't elevate my levels I'm so not looking forward to this
I took mine on the first and I pasted I got a 137 and it sapose to be below 140 ... They tell u to not eat nun sweet the night b4 and the day of ... But I didn't and I still passed ... Happy I did though cuz if u don't u will have to do alot
I taking mine Monday also. I'm taking mine early in the morning so I can get it out of the way. My midwife told me that I could eat just not any sweets!
You can eat up to an hour before then once you drink dont eat anything
Thanks ladies I wish mine was in the morning
Mine is in the afternoon as well. I was told no food after I drink the drink. But I was not told to fast.
My OB said they don't make you fast anymore for the test. Mine is in the evening as well
Mine's in the morning and they gave me an instruction sheet at my last appt - it says fasting isn't necessary but just don't eat or drink anything after you finish the drink.... my test is next week (at my 28 week appt) and I am really not looking forward to it... I don't eat sweets hardly ever, so I'm afraid all the glucose is gonna make me sick :( blahh
I eat sweets with this one and it still makes me sick I'm glad it's over I'm just hoping and praying it comes back ok and I don't have to do the 3 hour one
Well ladies my test came back positive now I have to do the 3 hour test :( a lil nervous
The instructions I got were to take in nothing but water 2 hours before the appointment. But I'm supposed to eat a high protein low carb meal with no sweeteners 2 hours before and the night before. Then I drink the glucose drink 30 minutes before my appointment and they draw my blood exactly one hour after consuming the drink.