Pregnancy: Jan 2018 Babies Community
65 Members

Breastfeeding

This is my first pregnancy so everything is new and very exciting!! I was wondering if i could start pimping milk & freezing it early like at 8 months? If that's a YES do I need to take anything or what do I need to do? Thanks
Pumping induces labor. That's a big no no. U getting colostrum out at that time has no indication of how ur supply will be. This is my 2nd pregnancy & I'm still nursing my 2 yr old. Breastfeeding is hard work, it's very painful the first couple weeks while ur baby learns how to latch & you have them on your boob constantly. My best piece of advice would be to stock up on easy to grab snacks, cases of water bottles, and freezer meals. It is very difficult to make food(meals) while nursing a newborn. And your appetite while be crazy, you will be very hungry alot.
Congratulations btw! Being a mom is the best
Most women do not get their milk in until a few days after the baby is born. Pumping or any intense nipple stimulation can possible bring labor on early. Once baby is here, after you both get the hang of breastfeeding, you can try pumping on one side and nursing on the other, adding a pumping session first thing in the morning, or pumping after nursing at one or two nursing sessions.
Just remember that pumping is not usually a good indicator of the amount of milk you make. Baby can get a lot more out than a pump can. If baby is wetting and dirtying enough diapers and steadily gaining weight then they are getting enough.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.