Pregnancy: July 2009 Babies Community
162 Members

Weight Gain

OK - I've read different things different places.  My dr. says my weight gain is within normal ranges and I know every woman is different.  Buuuuuut, I still can't help being curious.  
I know this may be a touchy subject for some, but I can;t help but wonder....
About how much weight have us July mommies to be put on for our little ones?  All of my friends seem to be finding out they are pregnant lately and are asking me what to expect - and I tell them all of the above - that "normal" is relative, but I still can't help but to wonder.  I'm pretty sure with these poll things that everything is anonymous, but I will share with you ladies that I have put on between 21 and 23 lbs (its been fluctuating the last 2 weeks - probably bc I don't weigh in the nude)

If you want - asnwet the poll below:
On average how much weight have you gained so far?
I haven't been weighed since my last appointment 3 weeks ago but at that point I had only gained 13 pounds, I'm sure I gained a couple since then though.
My weight at home says I gained 21 lbs and the doctors office says I gained 29 but either way it doesn't look like I put on weight except for my belly.
Hi girls well I'm due July 26 and I've gain 10 at 24w2d so I guess I'm looking pretty good all the gain has been in my stomach.
I actually lost weight, almost 20 pounds, and then when i went to my check up last week i had gained 10 pounds over 8 weeks.   The doctor said the weight loss was normal, because when i got pregnant I was a little over weight as it was, and because i was eating healthier than i had ever had before i was loosing the weight but the baby was perfectly healthy.  I guess everyone is different, But i was really worried at first.  
I was almost 60 but I have lost almost 10 lbs so I'm now 52 lbs I have gained so far....

As of my last appointment 3 weeks ago, I had not yet gained any weight (started at 176).  I have sprouted quite a bit in the last week so I am assuming that I have put on some since the appointment.  I will be weighed again on Wed.  
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.