Pregnancy: July 2011 Babies Community
66 Members

Need opinions about pregnancy symptoms

I’m a little worried about the thought of being pregnant so I really just need some opinions.  My husband and I (of 11 years) have always used protection because we are not looking to have more kids.  I’m 43 and he’s 41.  Well, he was out of town for a week (which we have never been a part that long) but when he came home one thing led to another and we have sex without the use of protection.  I didn’t think much of it until about 1 week when I started getting what I thought was very early severe pms symptoms.  Usually when I’m having these symptoms I have lower back pain and itchy breast.  Well this month, I’m having some slight lower back pain, harden nipples, stomach discomfort (enough to get my attention especially at night), my breast feel that they weight 200 pounds, and I have elevated temperature.  My emotions are all over the place which never happens to me and I slept all weekend.  Anyway, my husband made the joke that I was pregnant.  That got to be thinking so I found an online ovulation calculator and mapped my first fertile period.  Unfortunately, the night we had sex was the day before I was schedule to ovulate (according to the calculator) and now I’m horrified.  What scares me is that my symptoms are totally different than my normal pms.  I’ve heard that women in their 40’s have a difficult time becoming pregnant and I’m hoping that’s the case with me.  My cycle is due in a few days and I’m terrified of taking a pregnancy test.  Has this happened to anyone and you were pregnant or just a change in your pms symptoms later in life?  
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.