Pregnancy: July 2012 Babies Community
176 Members

What everybody doing for birth control after baby?

Im thinking of doing a long term method but can't decide between a iud or the implanon? I have 3yr old son and a 19 day old daughter. I'm not sure if I want one more or no more lol. So I think 3/5 yrs is enough time for me to make that decision.
I will be going back on the implanon next year when baby is here. It work the best out of all of them and i had no weight gain i loved it
So glad u posted this! I've been wondering the same thing. I have 4 n feel like we are complete, but u just never know!?? :-) I've never used any kind of birth control so don't even know where to start!.?
I had my 5w postpartum appt today...i dont know what to do either...part of me wants to get my tubes tied...but it seems so severe. Mind you i'm 37 have two beautiful girls and spent both pregnancies in the hosp on total bedrest...i feel blessed for my children and dobt think i can physically do another pregnancy...but i dont feel complete. UGH!
@buggie216-have you thought about Essure? if and when I go the permanent way that what I'm considering.
@kfrasher-I know what you mean somedays I feel 2 is enough but then other days I feel 3 seems like a perfect #. Im not good at remembering to take things, during my pregnancy I had days where I forgot to take my prenatal. Also I heard a lot of negative things on the depo shot. Nuvaring, yaz,yazmin, have ads on tv for bad side effects.
@purplelush07-what were your side effects?
My biggest issue with birth control, is most everyone I've ever talked to says abt weight gain! I have so much more to loose, I can't take something that's gonna make it worse! Plus I'm terrible at remembering pills too! And Essure kinda scares me!? I just don't know!???
Im just still waiting to have my baby lol... i havent even thought about that since when we found oiut we were having a girl my husband wanted to have a second right away.... we shall see..
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.