sleep?

What is that?!?!? Guess im getting practice at not sleeping. I wake up every 2-4 hrs either to pee or bc my hips are hurting so bad and this restless leg thing *****. Hormones are out of wack I actually cried last night bc I wad so annoyed with my legs. Of course I didn't let my hubby see me cry like a baby over something so small! Ah the joys of pregnancy!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
So I just have to say I started laughing when I read this forum because it sounded exactly like me!! I feel like I won the lottery when I get more than 3 hours of sleep at a time!!!
Helpful - 0
Thats my fear! my daughter really was a great little eater and sleeper that im scared that this one wont be so good to me!
Helpful - 0
Oh ya I'm the same. Waking every so often to pee, or because I over stretched a ligament trying to just move in a different position. I know the whole rotating with body pillow situation! LOL I keep it between my legs as I roll with it!
I hope sleep will come easier when baby arrives but my son had me up every 2 hours like clockwork for quite a few months after he was born. :(
Helpful - 0
Lol yeah im sure I wake my husband up. His side of the bed is right next to the bathroom door.
Helpful - 0
lol i lay there for a bit without the covers on to see if there is any point in putting them back on or if ill stay comfortable long enough to bother... just so i dont wake up clint when i have to rearange myself 1000x before im comfy lol then when i think i may have found a good postiion then ill take them back...
Helpful - 0
It prob doesn't help that I drink water like im never going to get it again but I can't help. And I totally get the turning over thing. I have to sleep with the body pillow now so to turn over I have ti take the covers off move my pillow to the other side and then flip. It's such a task lol
Helpful - 0
lol well im happy we are not all suffering :) My sleep pattern is starting to get like clock work... its the same time every night!
Helpful - 0
Sorry laides... I've been getting better sleep it seems the last few weeks... rolling over is difficult for me now just the last couple nights but I'm just ready to be able to sleep on my back. My hips occationally hurt but I hardly ever wake up to pee. Maybe 1 time a week I actually have to go in the middle of the night. Pretty amazing how we are all experiencing such different stuff.
Helpful - 0
Lesley27 Ive been saying the same thing about getting more sleep once the baby gets here. People think im crazy, but Im serious!!! A few of my friends who just had babies have been telling me to prepare for no sleep once baby gets here, but they were able to sleep 7-8 hours straight through the night their whole pregnancy. I was so jealous that they could sleep, but I guess waking up a few times through the night with baby was more of a shock to them than it will be to me.

I hope all of you ladies get the chance to relax a little bit before baby arrives!!!!

Helpful - 0
last time i never slept more than 45 minutes at a time and was awake for couple hours inbetween! i remember saying that sleep would improve once baby arrived and it did! she was a good little eater and sleeper! she ate every 4-5 hours at night :) sometimes longer! it was awesome!

I just started to get really bad at night... last night i think i was only up at 3, but wide awake at 7... and my daughter wasnt! :( but the 2 nights prev i didnt sleep at all! My daughter was awake for a few hours in the night and wasnt so much upset about it but was talking away! she cried a couple times and called for me(i just told her to lay down and covered her back up)... and if i wasnt awake cause of her i was up to pee at least every hour! so im thinking maybe baby moved off my bladder again... back in that angle position...into my hip
Helpful - 0
Sleep is definitely challenging!! I dont remember the last time I had a "good nights" sleep! haha My whole pregnancy Ive been waking up every 2-3 hours throughout the night, it *****. I agree Hairdid we are def getting practice for no sleep when baby comes
Helpful - 0
Yes I havient been sleeping much lately either I'm 31 weeks I'm really not enjoying the fact the fact that I can't sleep
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: July 2012 Babies Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.