Any advice on being induced? What to expect? Etc

Being induced July 8th due to my advanced maternal age. I'm 39 yrs old and will be 39 weeks along.
I was induced with my first and scheduled for another induction on July 10th. It took a long time for my body to respond to the meds. It took 38hrs from giving the first medication until my son was born, but almost nothing was happening until the last 10hrs. At midnight, mild/annoying contractions started. Water broke at 5:30am and intense contractions started almost immediately. I lasted until 8:30am before getting an epidural, which was lovely!  I slept until 10am then they woke me up to push and had my boy at 10:30am!  Not a bad experience at all but I will be requesting the epidural earlier this time... I waited too long and couldn't hold still with the contractions so close together.  They had to try three times before getting it in!