Can I still have a home birth even though everyone else is against it?

Hi, this is my second baby. My first birth was very straight forward, however I found it very stressful as the medical personnel were pushing me to have things I didn't really want (such as an epidural, which they then couldn't get in). My partner is a paramedic and is very keep for me to be in the hospital 'just in case something goes wrong' and I understand that but I find hospitals hugely stressful and really don't want to be forced into anything again. We went to the doctor yesterday and as I am 2kg over there healthy scale. I was told that I will have to have the baby there and I can't even go to a birthing center. I will need an epidural and that I will also need constant monitoring as will my baby. I really don't want that and now I don't know what to do. I know if I go in I'll get stressed out and the Labour is more likely to become complicated but nobody seems to be listening​ to me about it.
Hello emily.. i too had a similar situation with being put in this posotion. Of course i got what i wanted at the end because im very straight forward with no hesitation. This is your body and youre the one giving birth sweety. Doctors will only encourage you to stay in the hospital only for the funds and will charge you with a bunch of procedures that are very unnesary. A water birth is actually the best idea cause it gives off more of the relaxtion of your surroundings. If i was you ill stick with your plan unless there is a medical reason on why you have to stay in the hospital.