pain in my side

Hi all, i'm 6 weeks pregnant and today i have been having really sharp pains in my right side, is this normal??
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey girl, Im glad to know that  they check you out and that you will be getting a scan in 2 wks thats good.  we are all praying for you .. so take it easy and God bless
Helpful - 0
sorry - I did not realize you had asked me a question on here till just now.  My pain was continual and had spotting so I knew something was wrong.  All three of my pregnancies were so different.  Right now I am 8.5 weeks and THANK GOD I had no complications, no bleeding.  My last pregnancy I had bleeding throughout - sometimes clots.  again, THANK GOD my daughter was born at 41 weeks and healthy as could be.
Helpful - 0
Wow how exciting!!! That's great news...the hardest part will be the two week wait until u go in for your US. Did your midwife say anything about the pains you were experiencing? Well, keep us updated! Take care and God Bless :)

<3
Helpful - 0
well i saw the midwife today, who checked my abdoman, i will have to have a scan in 2weeks as i could either be further along than i originally thought or it could be a multiple pregnancy!!!
Helpful - 0
Thank you everyone i have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow

xxxx
Helpful - 0
Yeah--I should have added that. You are right, cantwait. Its better to be safe than sorry.When you had your ectopic, was the pain continual or just occasional?
Helpful - 0
I had round ligament pain with my daughter but I was a little further along.  Since your pain is on one side and you are only 6 weeks I would HIGHLY recommend getting to a doctor ASAP.  This is a sure sign of an ectopic pregnancy and you would rather be safe then sorry.  I had an ectopic before - they are very easy to resolve but if untreated could be very serious.  Your doctor will send you for an u/s immeditatly to see.

Good Luck.
Helpful - 0
It might be what is called round ligament pain. They are the ligaments that support your uterus and they can have sharp pains in them due to sudden movements. It always happens to me. Does it happen when you stand up quickly? Or when you turn over in bed?
Helpful - 0
hi vicky ..dont want to worry you but you should always  have sharp pain checked out . i had ectopic last year and i had pain in my side i hd to have my tube and baby removed ,.so i would get yourself to doc for check up asap or hospital to see is all ok and baby in the right place x xx
Helpful - 0
I've been having all kinds of pains all over my tummy for the past couple of weeks...most women on here will tell you that your body will begin experiencing aches and pains where you normally wouldn't. I would think that if the pain is on your side it probably isn't related to the pregnancy directly, it could be gas or if you're experiencing any constipation it could be from that. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it becomes an unbearable pain, then I would suggest you call your Dr ASAP. I wish you the best of luck. Take care and God Bless.
Helpful - 0
Girly, I aint a doctor so I can't give you the right answer that your looking for but all i can tell you is to check quickly with you doc as soon as possible.. it may or may not be nothing .. I will cross my fingers and I will pray for you.. and think positive that everything will be just be fine put your trust and faith if the Lord.. xoxo take care hugs and kisses

p.s keep me posted ok;)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: June 2009 Babies Community

Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.