Yes, I am super anxious too! This is my second baby and I had to be induced the first time around due to medical issues. This time there is no medical reason to do so but my doctor is going away for four days which is when I will be 40 weeks pregnant. I am 39 weeks and 3 days today. I am scheduled for induction on Tuesday but I really wanted to experience labor starting on its own and I wanted the baby to decide when he was ready to come into this world. I have been trying everything possible to to start labor naturally but nothing so far. I have not even had any contractions that I can tell and I never experienced any the last tiem either until they induced me. I am hoping to go into labor before Tuesday on my own. Good luck to you!
Still no signs today!! Arg it is so frustrating! I see the doc tomorrow I'm going to ask him to strip my membranes and hopefully that will do the trick because I don't want an induction via drugs or anything. How did they induce you last time and what was the labor like?
Nothing for me yet either!!! Maybe I will ask my doctor the same thing if I decide not to be induced tomorrow since I had my last appt. set up for tomorroe night. My labor was fast with my first or so they tell me. They gave me the vaginal insert at 10:30 am and I got crampy soon after. I think I was at 1 cam when I got to the hospital and I got to a three over the next few hours. Then what I remember is that everyone was so surprised because I went from a 3cm to 10! The contractions were on top of each other...it was awful. I think the induction makes the way things happen fast and all at once makes labor even more painful. I did have an epidural which I got when the contractions were on top of each other. I had my son that same night at 10:45. Everyone told me that it could take a few days for me to have my baby. It happened so fast. I don't remember having contractions that were like the early stages of labor would be. I would really like to experience spontaneous labor. I have to decide whether to cancel the induction or not by tomorrow morning. If I do cancel, I hope he decides to come before Friday since that is when my doctor is leaving. Do you have a male doc by the way? If so, are you happy with having a male ob? If I decide to let him come when he wants, there will be a male doctor covering for my doctor next Friday, the weekend, and Tuesday. I hope something happens for both of us real soon!
With my first I went into labor on my own I had really mild contractions and kept going to the hospital and being sent home. But my husband was working a job an hour away so we wanted to get checked each time before he went off to work. The first day I was 1cm, the second day 2cm, and the third I had a fluid leak (which I thought was my water breaking!) I was 3cm and lost my mucus plug so they kept me but labor was so slow! They ended up giving me pitocin and then the contractions got so strong I got the epidural because the doctor said I needed to take a nap and get energy because it was going to be a while... I was in the hospital about 12 hours before my baby came, but pushing was only around 45 minutes.
This time I've been 1 cm forever. I went with a different doc but still a male in the same office because I didn't like the pressure from my last doc about the epidural. I like the male doctors, but I see a female RN who I like too. I like the male doctors because I think they have a little more sympathy lol. I guess I'll see where I'm at today and ask him to strip my membranes. are you effaced at all yet? I was at 50% last week so I'm hoping for more this time because I've been taking the evening primrose oil. I want to stay away from the pitocin this time though because it made the contractions so painful last time for me too that I got the epidural and I was disappointed with myself. :P But labor is so unpredictable you never know what will happen. I'm hoping nature will take its course and make for an easier labor free from intervention.
I have been 1 cm for a few weeks too. I was only 25% effaced so I hope I am more effaced now. Last time, I was like 80% effaced a week or so before they even induced me at 38 weeks 5 days. Yeah the meds they give you make the contractions so strong! I only pushed for half an hour but they had to use the suction thing to take him out since he was in distress due to the cord being wrapped all around him.
So no change at the appointment today. still 1 cm 50% effaced. The doc said he'll see me again on Friday then schedule an induction the middle of next week if it doesn't happen naturally. So all I can do now is wait and hope because I don't want an induction until there are risks to the baby to stay longer or risk of cesarian if she is too big. I asked him if he'd strip my membranes and he said he would if he could, but then he said he couldn't stretch more than a cm so I guess I was to small for that?
Sorry that you didn't hear what you wanted to hear. I hope she comes on her own just like I hope for mine. I decided not to get induced today and will see my doctor for an appt tonight. I hope to at least be more effaced. I don't think I've had any contractions still. I think they want you to be at least 3 cm before they will do that since your chance of infection after the stripping is high and they would ahve to induce you if you didn't progress pretty quickly. Keep me updated!
Good luck with your induction! Let me know how it goes for you! You'll be holding that baby before you know it!
I decided not to get induced today. I am going to wait for labor to start naturally since there is no medical reason to induce.
good for you! I hope it happens soon for both of us!!
I'm SUPER anxious too!!! This is my first and I have been dialated and 80% effaced for 3 weeks. Lost my plug 2 weeks ago and yesterday got checked and am now 4 cm dialated and 90% effaced but still no contractions. Midwife doesn't know why I'm still pregnant. :) I feel like this baby is NEVER going to come. Everyone is on call and anxious. Anything I can do to speed it up?
Hope it happens for you ladies soon.
How far along are you? Still hasn't happened for me! But I've only been 1cm and 50%. I get checked tomorrow if nothing happens. I tried using the breast pump last night but to no avail. Today I'm hopeful because for some reason my thighs are sore and I'm crampy. If I were you I would try walking a lot or bouncing on a birthing ball or try the nipple stimulation to get the contractions going. But be careful and talk to your midwife first about using nipple stimulation because it can bring on really strong contractions and hyperstimulate the uterus. Some women are dilated and effaced for weeks so if you haven't reached 40 weeks yet I would try to be patient! But if you're body is ready walking or cleaning may help speed things up, just remember to stay rested and hydrated too because you want energy for labor if it does start!
hi every one u all are lucky than me i wish i would hit my 39 weeks with out any problem. i wont worry at all .i would just pray n wait for the baby to come out.but right now i am almost 39 weeks prg and my baby is breach after so much thinking i decided to have a external version tomorrow . what u guys think is that s a good idea or bad . what would u guys do if it happend with u. would u try to have the version or just straight go for the c section. if i reject the version they will take me to c section baby is big now n not have enough space plz share your thought. thanks
what is a version? I would try to get the baby to switch around since there is still another week until EDD. I'd try to give the baby as much time as safely possible to turn around...
As for me I woke up with contractions at 4:30 this morning... they were strong but only like 15-20 minutes apart. Now they are about 8-15minutes apart and I am spotting brown blood. I went to L&D but they sent me home still only 1cm and 50% effaced. I'm so aggrivated and confused I really thought this was it. I have an appointment at 4:15 today and he's probably going to schedule an induction... I'm hoping she comes on her own this weekend and I efface and dilate more on my own.
Good luck! I am so anxious to have some contractions. I was 1cm and 50% effaced at my last appt on Tuesday night. Yesterday was my due date. I really want to have him between now and Sunday but today would be the best day....but no labor yet!!! I can't believe your contractions were so far apart...did your water break? I guess not. Let me know what happens at your appt today. I hope we both have our babies without induction .
I know!! No my water didn't break. I just hope in the next day or two and that these contractions aren't for nothing. They are far apart but really painful it is difficult to walk and talk through them...
Hang in there! Sounds like the baby will be here in no time! I wish I was having contractions:(
Hey! at the doc we were only about 2cm 10minute apart painful contractions... we ended up going back to the hospital at around 8:00 pm w/ contractions 5 minutes apart and really painful! I was 4cm and was admitted. Around 6cm I took the epidural and got some sleep. We started pushing around 5:00am and she was born at 5:44 am! Very good labor! she's 8lbs 11.5 oz and 20"! I hope it will happen for you soon! :)
Congrats! I'm due in 2 days....Been following your blogs with no signs of labor myself...I'll be requesting an induction at tomorrows appt. Getting more nervious and scared about my placental function. I've had problems in past pregnancys. Good Luck to everyone!......
I went into labor Sat. night and went to the hospital early Sunday morning. He was born at 2:33pm. He was 7 lbs. and 20 1/2 inches long. We are doing great! My labor was a lot easier than with my first which was induced so I am very happy he came on his own. Congrats to you!
aww congrats! I'm so glad we both were able to avoid induction! Plus we both had better labors! :) enjoy that baby!