Pregnancy: June 2012 Babies Community
111 Members

baby weight?

I'm 26 weeks and had ultrasound yesterday the tech said "oh wow very healthy cubby baby" she did a 3D pic and her face is chubby. My 1st daughter was only 5. Lbs so I'm scared. She said baby weighs 2 lbs 3oz already?! Anyone else had a sono recently?
My appt is not till the 6th! my last one I was 23 wks and they said he was 1lb and 5oz! so i been scared of what he will weigh also!
I want a big baby in my first I was told my baby wasn't going to be bigger then 5lbs the only good thing was I had a level two ultrasound once a week and, nst twice a week which always came with a quick ultrasound in my last trimester.for me and the dad being over 6 feet they first know why she was measuring small but was born a heathy 7lbs 6oz 21.5 Now in this pregnancy they are saying they same I'm measuring really small but I eat like a heathy lumberjack
I just want to know I'm having a healthy baby and be worried
Im no expert as this is my first baby. But my pregnancy book (which I cling to- lol!) says by the end of my 24th week, my baby girl should weigh 2lbs.
I did not Get a 3 d ultra sound but they tell me my baby is 3 pounds and I'm 26 weeks 5 days.
An interesting chart about this:

http://www.babycenter.com/average-fetal-length-weight-chart

They haven't told me how big she is yet, but I keep imagining her big like her father so I check this to see about how big she likely is. I've told her daddy if he gives me a 10 lb. baby he's getting cussed out cuz I'm a short little thing and I don't even want to think about that labor. lol
My fiance was 10 lbs 7 oz at birth and he had a huge head lol. I'm hoping I get a 7 lbs daughter that would be perfect.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.