Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

14 weeks and down 30 pounds?

I'm 14 weeks along and still haven't started gaining. My weight loss is worrying me but my obgyn seems unconcerned. I was obese before the pregnancy weighing in at 260 pounds. I weighed myself at 230.3 pounds, the lightest I've been in years. The baby is active and healthy according to my obgyn. I'm still having nausea and vomiting despite being in my 2nd trimester with prescribed Phenergan and Zofran. Nothing is helping my nausea and vomiting and I fear in just losing way too much and it's coming off quicker as the baby grows obviously. 4 pounds lost last week alone.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Since I was already overweight when I got pregnantmy doctor wanted me to lose more to make sure iI didn't get diabetes while pregnant. I barely eat and I just started gaining weight back idk how
Helpful - 0
I was excersizing and got down to 230lbs. I was 2 months when I found out so I had been losing weight too. I've been maintaining my weight. Fluctuating between 230-235lbs. I've had morning sickness since I was 6weeks so I know that curbs my appetite quite a bit. But like the dr says if the baby's is healthy and on track, you shouldn't worry.
Helpful - 0
I know several plus size pregnant women who lost significant weight during their pregnancies. As long as your baby is fine and your doctor isn't concerned, I would try not to worry about it too much. The most important thing is to try to get nutritious foods down and fluids down whenever possible.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: June 2015 Babies Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.