Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy: June 2015 Babies Community
1.31k Members

8 weeks 1st baby

Im 22 years old, first baby! How exciting and scary at the same time haha my first ultrasound is on Thursday :)

Ive been experiencing some horrible headaches, not just little ones, but huge impulsing headaches, my doctor told me certain medications nay harm my unborn child, so was wondering if any one had any tips on curing these horrible mind blowing headaches?

Thank you in advance! X
7 Responses
7840219 tn?1401214688
Hello!!! Congrats! Very exciting!! I am also 8 weeks (+4 days) and my first ultrasound is this Thursday too!! First baby! I have also been getting bad headaches but find it is usually days that I haven't had enough water. Staying well hydrated even through the morning sickness, nausea, and frequent pee is hard, but it helps with so many other annoying symptoms, like headaches and cramps. Good luck on Thursday hun!!!
I'm 6 weeks today, it's also my first baby! My appointment is Nov. 11th! Before I found out I was pregnant,  I was taking ibuprofen because I had a horrible eye infection.  The Directions on the bottle said to ask a doctor like they all do, but it also said not to use until the third trimester.  So I think if you just take 200 MG and take a quick nap it should take care of it? I usually get horrible headaches but, knock on wood, I haven't had any yet. Just mostly frequent urination, sore breasts, and just starting yesterday,  morning sickness/nausea which ***** so bad! Good Luck!  Ask your doc on Thursday if you can take ibuprofen!  
I'm also 22 :)
It is safe to take Tylenol. It is not safe to take ibuprofen. That's what my dr told me. That's what I take for the headaches.
Thank all of you ladies! Will definitely be asking my doctor on Thursday, and keeping hydrated with plenty of water, congratulations with your pregnancies also!
4632233 tn?1357949498
Im 22 too but this is my sencond baby..
You can take tylenol.. Thats what they told me i can take with my first baby..drink a lot of water.
Dont take ibuprofen or other stuff without asking your dr
dr.
But tylenol it is safe,if you just want to be sure wait to ask ur dr
My Dr. said only Tylenol products. No ibuprofen, no Advil, no asprin.  They contain blood thinners which could harm your baby.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.