Pregnancy: June 2015 Babies Community

Depression and Anxiety Medicine

Have any moms been put on depression and/or anxiety medicine during pregnancy?
I take lexapro did with my other pregnancy too.
I may be going on it too was curious can it cause any issues with the baby.  Was your baby ok after you took it?
I'm on sertraline. I heard that the baby can have jitters for the first day after he's born but that's it.
Does the medication make a huge difference for you?  I haven't ever been on psychotropic meds yet
Well it did. A lot! I stopped having panic attacks and overpowering thoughts. Then I felt like I could handle anything and stupidly went off of it. Now I'm back on it because the attacks are back and we're trying to figure out what dose works best. It takes about a week or 2 to kick in.
Thanks so much. I feel better about it now. The panic attacks are getting to me. I just want to feel better
I have taken zoloft through both pregnancies. My first baby was just fine. No withdrawal symptoms or anything. So far this pregnancy is fine too. This time, I'm on a second anti depressant as Well. And my little guy seems to be doing great. My midwife says that our emotional health is more important than not taking anything. Good luck to you.