Pregnancy: June 2015 Babies Community

itchy skin

My skin is so dry .... I don't know what else to do. I use lotion everyday. Anyone have suggestions?
I run a big humidifier all the time and really upped my water intake and noticed a huge difference.  And I have really dry skin already so I am excited about that!
have you tried coconut oil as a moisturizer?  put it on daily after your shower.
When I am itchy I put Vaseline on at the end of my shower while still in the shower. When you get out rub it in well and towel off.it really helps...
I mix coconut oil with my lotion. Im now a big grease ball ;)
Just back from my dermatologist - all lotions are water-based and contain alcohol which dries the skin even though it feels good when you put on initially. Creams are 50-50 water to oil ratio. Ointments (Vaseline) are oil-based and works best. Avoid staying in hot showers for too long or too often (<15mins ok), pat dry, and apply moisturizers within 3 mins.
I use coconut oil!