A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy: June 2015 Babies Community
1.31k Members
10943479 tn?1432729099

itchy skin

My skin is so dry .... I don't know what else to do. I use lotion everyday. Anyone have suggestions?
6 Responses
I run a big humidifier all the time and really upped my water intake and noticed a huge difference.  And I have really dry skin already so I am excited about that!
have you tried coconut oil as a moisturizer?  put it on daily after your shower.
When I am itchy I put Vaseline on at the end of my shower while still in the shower. When you get out rub it in well and towel off.it really helps...
I mix coconut oil with my lotion. Im now a big grease ball ;)
1806721 tn?1554337007
Just back from my dermatologist - all lotions are water-based and contain alcohol which dries the skin even though it feels good when you put on initially. Creams are 50-50 water to oil ratio. Ointments (Vaseline) are oil-based and works best. Avoid staying in hot showers for too long or too often (<15mins ok), pat dry, and apply moisturizers within 3 mins.
I use coconut oil!
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.