Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

membrane sweep

Im due for a membrane sweep on tuesday and was wondering if anyone has had this done and if it hurt and how long after would i go into labour?
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Fingers crossed for you xx
I just hope that its not painful like you said.. i cant even have sex (tmi) atm as it hurts
Helpful - 0
I had a sweep done Thursday and had contractions for two days then they stopped.. Hoping she decides to come out soon
Helpful - 0
1905116 tn?1444425264
My second and third babies were born within 24 hrs of having a sweep. It's not the most pleasant experience but not really any worse than a smear test. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
And have you had any complications throughout pregnancy?
Helpful - 0
11110919 tn?1420209467
I had a sweep last Tuesday it didn't hurt at all just a little uncomfortable, I had on and off contractions all day then nothing. Having another sweep this tues and a final one Thursday before being induced the Monday after. :)
Helpful - 0
Thanks ladies! I have an incompetent cervix and just got my stitch out so hoping the sweep will be all i need
Helpful - 0
Im getting one tuesday as well!!! Its different for everybody some ppl go into labor the same day I heard its usually about 48hrs
Helpful - 0
I have had mine done twice this pregnancy about a week and apart. I have been sitting at 2-3 cm dilated for two and a half weeks or so. It hasn't kick started my labour. For some women it takes a few times. It is uncomfortable but not too bad. You will likely bleed a bit after and may have some period like cramping. Good luck I hope that it works well for you.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: June 2015 Babies Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.