membrane sweep

Im due for a membrane sweep on tuesday and was wondering if anyone has had this done and if it hurt and how long after would i go into labour?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Fingers crossed for you xx
I just hope that its not painful like you said.. i cant even have sex (tmi) atm as it hurts
Helpful - 0
I had a sweep done Thursday and had contractions for two days then they stopped.. Hoping she decides to come out soon
Helpful - 0
My second and third babies were born within 24 hrs of having a sweep. It's not the most pleasant experience but not really any worse than a smear test. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
And have you had any complications throughout pregnancy?
Helpful - 0
I had a sweep last Tuesday it didn't hurt at all just a little uncomfortable, I had on and off contractions all day then nothing. Having another sweep this tues and a final one Thursday before being induced the Monday after. :)
Helpful - 0
Thanks ladies! I have an incompetent cervix and just got my stitch out so hoping the sweep will be all i need
Helpful - 0
Im getting one tuesday as well!!! Its different for everybody some ppl go into labor the same day I heard its usually about 48hrs
Helpful - 0
I have had mine done twice this pregnancy about a week and apart. I have been sitting at 2-3 cm dilated for two and a half weeks or so. It hasn't kick started my labour. For some women it takes a few times. It is uncomfortable but not too bad. You will likely bleed a bit after and may have some period like cramping. Good luck I hope that it works well for you.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: June 2015 Babies Community