Pregnancy: June 2015 Babies Community

weight loss?

This is my first pregnancy, I'm 8.5 weeks, and I'm worried about the fact that I keep losing weight... I know it's not crucial to really gain in the first trimester, but thanks to nausea and a lack of appetite I can't even maintain. I started this pregnancy at 125 and now I'm down to 118. At my ultrasound last week the doctor said my baby was measuring a little big so I guess I shouldn't be too worried? I just don't want to affect my baby by not being able to maintain enough weight.
If your worried it's always best to talk to your doctor. Most of the nutrients that you baby needs are stored in your liver so even if you are sick it is most likely that you baby is getting what he or she needs. (especially if your babe showed big during your ultrasound, great sign!) Morning sickness can be brutal, your health is important too so if your worried it's definitely worth talking to your doctor or the nurse hotline about.
I have lost 18 pds so far and i am 8 weeks 6 days.  Dr isnt concerned so i am not either.  I am eating better coupled with nausea and a stomach flu my whole family had.