Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy: June 2015 Babies Community
1.31k Members

wine

Anybody else feel comfortable with drinking wine??
5 Responses
I'll be honest... I've had 2 glasses of wine this pregnancy & in the last trimester. Different nights, one of which my was my sisters wedding. I feel guilty but to have a impact on the baby I think you would have to be drinking several glasses a night every night. I'm holding off on any more until baby is here. Its so controversial really.. I wouldn't drink more than one glass. My friends midwife said it was okay to drink a glass a day 3/4 times a wk. I think that's excessive but I'm not a big drinker, I never have been. Ugh but after this long pregnancy-a HOT bubble bath, with a glass of wine followed w sushi & some good cheese would be heaven. Almost there, 37 days to go..
Honestly during 2nd trimester had 2~3 a week . And at the begining of pregnancy I planned on not having the baby and drank some. Everybody has their opinions on it. But I dont regret it at all . But when I hit 3rd trimester I stopped. My baby is perfectly healthy !
Ive heard it aafewat to do so in thw 3rd trimester as baby has done most of their important development. They are just getting big and fat now and their lungs developing.
My doctor said it was safe (ish) during the third trimester because baby is mostly just growing not developing. I've had three glasses each on different occasions since they were special events, but my doctor told me I could drink some more often if I felt comfortable. I would just make sure if you're going to have some you get some good stuff so it's a good one glass ;-)
10909590 tn?1416440706
Ive drank wine like 4 times this pregnancy nd my baby is very active nd healthy.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.