Everyone is different. And yes if you dont medically need it and you dont Want it let it be known. Its also not a good idea to go to Long after due date.. Such as going passed 42 weeks, thats when your placenta is at risk of dying and that causes serious complications. I personally dont mind Being induced, i was induced with my first and am Being induced next week. I have big babies.. my first Being 8.12lbs and this one estimated to be over 9lbs so im okay with it.
I was induced on 3/18 & my due date was actually 3/25...This was my 1st time being induced & I was glad bc I didn't want 2 go another week...way 2 many problems especially the hurting...or I'd still b prego bc I had 2 get 2 pills 2 thin out my cervix...He's a healthy 7 lbs 2ozs...Good Luck mommies
I cannot help but to address the comment in "Ntrinaculookin's" post, even though I am 10 months coming into this post. You stated that you'd "Still b prego bc I had 2 get 2 pills 2 thin out my cervix" but what I'd like to let you know is that is very common when your body wasn't due for another 7 days (At least) and therefore wasn't naturally preparing your cervix to thin out. When your body naturally prepares the cervix to thin out, it excretes oxytocin to the body which causes the cervix to soften and dilate and causes the body to just "Know" it is time for labor. Had you waited rather than induce, there is a great chance your body would have done what it is trained to do hormonally when it is ready, and no pills would have been needed to trick your cervix into dilating before it was ready.
I agree with Wusamama and expectantlaborservices. Wusamama, there has to be a way to cancel your induction. I bet that OB is wrong, or whoever said you need the OB's permission to cancel.
This is why I am using a midwife and delivering at a birthing center. I hope everything works out and your baby can come naturally when ready.
Just noticed this is a really old post. Weird that it showed up in my feed. I hope you are doing well and had a wonderful delivery.