ring of fire!!!

So at my last appointment my midwife told me the worst part of labor is what they call the ring of ring, when you are crowning. I'm going all natural and up until that moment I wasn't nervous and now I am. Anyone have any advise on how to handle this?
I attempted to go natural with my 2nd daughter....smh I didn't make it. And ring of fire KMSL I think that bout sums it up!  I felt the ring of fire with drugs lol so I can't imagine what it feels like with no drugs! Good luck to you! Lol I am expecting my 3rd and I know I want the dope! Lol
Haha alright thank you! After I heard that I'm debating on drugs or not
Epidural all the way for me :) I've never done without it but my sister tried and she said the contractions were too bad to go through but I've heard crowning is the absolute worst.  Now my mom on the other hand went drug less both times but her labor literally lasted 25 minutes with my sister and 10 minutes with me she didn't have time for an epidural!
I'm going in with an open mind. I don't want the epidural but if I feel like I need it then that's what I'll do. Just see how your body reacts.
I've done natural with both my pregnancys and will with the third ring of fire only lasts about 30 seconds befor the head is out labour is not as bad as some people make out we'll mine wernt anyway both labours were 4 hours long start to finish
I have had twins with the epidural only worked on have my body... then my next I didn't feel anything until the epidural wear off and that was horrible... with my four I didn't use anything and yes it hurt but the pain was gone when she was out.. (and it went quicker).. so this time, 6 years later I wil not be using anything :)
I had my first natural and honestly its not as bad as you make it out to be in your head! I found labour waaay harder than actually pushing her out. it doesn't last long and just keep focusing on the fact that once that head is out, you have basically one more push and you get to meet your baby!!
Yes the ring of fire is a pretty accurate description and it *****!  But it only lasts a few minutes.  I was far more uncomfortable having to lay down for 12 hours with the epidural with my second. & I didn't get a good one,so it was almost a full day before I could get up.
I didn't  take any drugs with my last pregnancy all what i did take a hot bath couple of times and deep breath until the pushing
I had an epidural with my first. I didn't feel anything but pressure during contractions. My second was coming to fast, no time for the epidural: ( Honestly it wasn't that bad. Every times contraction came I did the whole breathing thing. I do remember the ring of fire. It does feel like burning. Good thing is that it doesn't last too long. Hopefully I can do it again with this one.
Never experienced this.  I went almost natural--with half a dose of Nubaine for pain because the late contractions were obviously quite painful.  I wish I had skipped the drug and kept my focus on relaxation.  Baby held his breath which scared everyone & they gave me O2 too.  This was most likely a drug side effect.  I was doing really well with the practiced relaxation & laboring in whirlpool but then I just decided I needed a med to take the edge off.  (Probably was transition since he was born shortly thereafter.) This time I know the worst pain won't last long so I'm planning all natural.
Thank you ladies! It makes me feel a little better about going all natural
Soo, by the time you are at the 'ring of fire' point- it's too late for an epidural, you have to be able to actually push the baby out...

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: March 2014 Babies Community