Pregnancy: May 2015 Babies Community

Anxiety and depression

This past month I've been going through s really rough time. I'm trying my best to remain positive for the sake and health of my baby but it's so difficult. I ususly lie and pretend that I'm ok when ppl ask me how I'm feeling. I don't have much interest of leaving my house unless it's for work. I've been feeling so alone and depressed but I don't want to bother my family with my issues. I have not been clinically diagnosed but I think I might be suffering from anxiety disorder. I have most of the symptoms and occasional moderate panic attacks. I've actually had panic attacks in the past but at the time I had no idea such a disorder was even real. Call me naive and closed minded but I didn't think I could have an anxiety disorder. I never got help it just kind of got better. Now that I'm pregnant and going through an emotionally rough time I find myself dealing with anxiety again. I don't want to make a big deal because I feel like my family and friends might think that I just want attention. Help!!
Go to your dr and seek support from your family. Anxiety and depression will not effelt the babies health directly unless You're not taking care of yourself (eating enough and getting enough fluids). You could try mindfulness to help with the anxiety and depression (Google it or download a mindfulness app). Look at the website www.getselfhelp.Co.uk for self help workbooks in managing anxiety and depression. If you feel suicidal...seek help straight away. It's better to get help now, you're more at risk of postnatal depression when you have it during your pregnancy. Good luck, this can be overcome
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.