Claritin in 1st Trimester

I'm 8 weeks and my allergies are killing me. I read Claritin is safe but consult your doctor during first trimester.  Is there anybody who has take. Claritin with a previous pregnancy during 1st trimester or taking now?
The allergies drive me crazy too and it seems that now that I'm pregnant are stronger! I remember taking Claritin a couple of times on my first pregnancy and now I have the healthiest baby ever! I'm 6 weeks pregnant now and I don't dare to take any allergie medication but I'm pretty sure you are safe if you do it very once in a while, only when you really need to.
To feel better doing it you definitely need to ask your doctor but I'll tell you something, when we don't know we are pregnant is when we do the craziest things like drinking or taking medication or things like that and 99% of times nothing happens.
Good luck and don't worry too much if one day you really need to take it ;)

Id consult your doctor before taking anything. My doctor gave me a list of medications i could take. For allergies....benadryl, sudafed, and something else was on it. I dont remeber what it was though
I asked my doctor about claritin cause I suffer from allergies badly and she said it's fine to take.  I take one every night and have had no problems.  I'd call the doctor and find out to be on the safe side....everybody is different.

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: May 2015 Babies Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.