Pregnancy: May 2015 Babies Community

First Time Mom

I'm a FTM and I'm so scared to give birth because people keep telling me how much pain they were in. I'm doing a natural birth & I'm due May 1st with a baby boy. Anybody an experienced mom that would like to share their story?
It's natural to feel anxious about the birth (labor and delivery) of your baby. I was the same way for my first and I'm that way now for my 2nd as it has been 7 years since I've had a baby in this body. My advice is to not take everything you hear as FACT because I was told so many things about labor and when it was time for me to give birth it felt nothin like what was told to me. I didn't have a natural birth because I'm honestly not that strong and I know my limits but before I got an epidural the pain was undeniable. I had back labor so everything I felt was in my back and it wasn't no joke at all. The best thing that you can do is mentally prepare yourself by doing some deep relaxation breathing and if you can afford a childbirth class or if you can find a free class to attend. If you have a faith or believe in a higher power then lean on that as well. Women are strong so you can and will get through it. Good Luck
Thank you so much. That helped a lot. I feel more calm about it now
I did a water birth with my daughter and I would say it was less painful and easier than the two I was induced. The one thing I wish I had known was that when you get to the point where you don't think you can do it, you are almost done. Find a way to stay calm and do not invite anxious people into the delivery room.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.