Pregnancy: May 2015 Babies Community

breast milk or formula?

What are you mommies going to do? Breast feed or buy formula?  Im not sure yet
I am going to do both
breast feeding :)
I was going to breastfeed but I just don't think I can get up every two hours in the night to feed
Breast feeding for many reasons. It's so beneficial to the baby, formula is so expensive, and it's so convenient. There is nothing worse than mixing a bottle and heating it in the middle of the night while your baby is crying from being hungry especially when you can immediately just put him on your breast and call it a day. With my daughter I was only able to breast feed until she was 5 months old because I was working too much and my milk supply dried up so I experienced both ways. I'm hoping with this baby I can last longer.
I would breastfeed if Im able to and use formula only if absolutely necessary.Id be prepared to express milk in bottles so hubby can bottle feed if i was too tired. Being a ftm, this is my ideal and sounds good in theory but not sure if second time mums agree with this idea in practice.
Breastfeeding.  Well I'll breastfeed exclusively until I go back to work and than I pump so the baby can still get the benefits of the breast milk.  WAY cheaper than having to buy formula. Especially now that you can get a free pump from your insurance due to the changes in insurance laws from obama care (or whatever the politically correct name is). Plus I read you might be able to take off cost of nursing supplies on taxes (you have to spend a certain amount on them). Can't do any of that with formula.
Im going to be breast feeding as i dont have to go back to work till after my baby is a yr old
Breastfeed! I want to try pumping and feeding my baby instead of feeding right from my breasts that way my boyfriend can help me when I need him to as well and when I go back to work I can pump so my baby is still getting the nutrition from breast milk even though I'm not there.
I breastfed exclusively for 4 months then pumped at work and supplemented with formula until she was over the breast at 7 months. It is a lot of work to start because your body and your baby have to get into a rhythm. It is so worth it! After a few weeks, you get the hang of it. So easy to get up and feed in the middle of the night. So easy anytime, really. At first I felt guilty supplementing with formula but I got over that. So many benefits for everyone. Do your best to make it work. If not, we are so fortunate to have the option to use formula. Good luck!
I breastfed the first three and will do the same with this one. I love not having to carry bottles, powder, and water with me evreywhere. It is also an awesome one on one time I get to enjoy so I can get to know my baby.
I breastfed with my first, I really want to do it again but this time I'm working full time I just don't know how that would work. I prefer breastfeeding
breast and pump so my partner can cover me when I'm to tired :-)
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.