breathing

So now that im 38 weeks im starting to get nervous about labor. I didnt take any classes and im wondering if i should have. Im a first time mom. Does anyone have any suggestions on breathing techniques that will help?
ditto sort of freaking out now
I took classes they were a waist of time all they taught us was about medication during labour... just breath and trust ur body  
Thank you :) i think i got this. I have been very calm about everything so far. I still dont really feel pregnant or like im going to have a child due in 12 days lol my pregnancy has been very easy going.
Two basic breathing techniques. Practice both as much as possible. Breath in and out through nose for both. First is to relax between contractions breath in to a count of 5 and out to a count of 6. During contractions breath in and out to a count of 10 each
If you YouTube prenatal yoga they show you a lot of breathing techniques, plus yoga helps to prepare your body for birth
i didnt take classes bexause i thought it would psych me out. u need to b calm during ur labor so that if u go natural ur hormones will be a natural.pain killer, otherwise if u r freaking out it will b more difficult. i feel like knowing too.much isnt good bc i had no idea for the first so i was fine. now i know what to expext so im like payching myself out!!!! gl!
With my first, I took Lamaze. I enjoyed the class but my husband treated it as a joke. I can't say I used any of the techniques I learned. Just do what feels right in the moment. I don't know why, but I tapped my forehead and counted to 5 over and over during contractions. You will find your own way to relax. Don't fight your body. I'm not nervous at all. It's going to hurt really f-ing bad but you'll have a baby in the end and you'll be ready to do it all over again.
Hopefully you will have an awesome nurse that will keep you on point. My last nurse was Great! I started hyperventilating and she got me back on track.
2nd time around and with 9 days to go I am nervous.. I thought of be right my first baby was natural,.drug free. I should feel confident

The ladies above are right though. You need to trust your body. Centre yourself. I told myself that every contraction is closer to holding our bub...

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: May 2015 Babies Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.