Pregnancy: May 2015 Babies Community

work out

Im a fairly healthy person..until recently due to some pressure below I was workinh out at planet fitness 2-3 times a week...elliptical or treadmill then leg machines...I love it but fear I maybe over doing it...I just don't want to gain alot, lose my leg firmness or get out habit of working out...I find myself tired quicker and people looking at me like I shouldnt be there...should I??
You can still keep fit by doing exercises like swimming, walking and pilates. I think you might be overdoing it, your body seems to be telling you to slow down. You will gain weight during pregnancy, so try to eat healthy stuff instead of empty calories. Ive had to stop playing netball due to it being high impact but i now walk every other day. This already tires me out, so id hate to think how you feel at gym. Try to move a lot, dont sit down for hours on end end get fresh air and sunlight. Theres not long to go, 3-4 months for some of us here, so i guess doing less intense workouts wont cause you to gain heaps of weight?
I still do almost everything i use to do besides back stuff and heavy heavy lifting. Just check your heartrate regularly :)
I've recently started going to the gym again after gaining some energy again after a very tired few months. I feel more energetic and stronger just after a few weeks. I do some light cardio, some strengthening and stretching. All moderate and gentler than before. I think it's just important to listen to your body, but not moving around for 9 months is going to do more harm than you can do in the gym imho.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.