Intense contractions am I having early labor pains

I'm supposed to be due may 4th I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant on Feb 28th I was at my Dr appt they sent me to the hospital for having 15 contractions in 5 min well 8 hours later they gave me a steroid shot the next day I had to go back and get another one this morning I had intense contractions in my pelvic area I couldn't move it hurt so much I was in tears I don't think my water broke and I don't think I'm dialiting I just want the pain to go away any suggestions?
It could be. I am due May 9th and started having early contractions. My doctor wanted to be cautious and sent me to labor and delivery. I got a shot I order to stop the contractions. After 2 bags of IV fluids, some tests and the shot. I was discharged. See your doctor, you never know if it is normal or a sign to be checked out. Good luck!!