Pregnancy: Nov 2010 Babies Community
78 Members

tearing and periods after birth

we welcomed our little girl Chloe to the world on the 2nd Nov, I was induced in the end as was in so much pain in my pelvis, her due date was the 6th.
before we got to the 1st when i went in i kept starting labour and it kept stopping this was for three weeks before hand, so i was 5 cm dilated already.

anyway after 19 hours of labour on the first/2nd CHloe came which left me with third degree tearing, so i was taken straight down to theatre to be stitched up.

to begin with i was having trouble with my bowels and wind but luckily that has all got back to normal, however i no longer feel when i need a wee until im really desprate, so desprate if i dont go as soon as im in alot of pain i will wet myself!

has this happened to anyone else?

Im due to see the gynae physio next monday so will mention it to her also.

my next question is - when have your periods come back,? if they have yet that is.
i started off brest feeling, which i managed for the first 3 weeks.

were now on formula and didnt no if that makes a difference to periods coming back.

not that i really want it back, but im not sure whats normal really.

Chloe will be 6 weeks tomorrow

Angie
Congrats on the new little one...I had my little girl on Nov. 15th.  I did tear but they did not tell me how much.  As far as peeing I don't feel the urge as much as I used to now that you say it but never have wet myself.  It could just be because your muscles down there are a little weaker and it's just not keeping it in like it should.  As far as the periods I am still pumping and have not got mine yet.  Not looking forward to stopping just for that fact alone.  I think it's just a waiting game until your body decides to ovulate again.  Good luck.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.