1 hour glucose test

Doc office said to fast for it ...a lot of websites say fasting isn't needed for the 1 hour test...what did everyone do?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
The directions printed on my drink bottle said no eating or drinking afterwards, but says nothing about fasting beforehand.
Helpful - 0
I did mine today and my oby don't eat before doing it and it lasted for 2hours. And i was given 75g of glucose to drink
Helpful - 0
My obgyn said at 12 i cant eat and i do the test at 8 am
Helpful - 0
In France the glucose test lasts 2 hours, you are all very lucky yours only lasted 1 hour. I'm doing mine now.
Helpful - 0
I didn't eat anything. But you can eat eggs and stuff with no sugar
Helpful - 0
Mine said fasting.. nothing past midnight not even water. I think u should just fast n not risk getting the wrong results. It's better to get treated if there is something wrong then think that ur fine n go untreated just cuz u ate.
Helpful - 0
My lab tech said 12 hour fast.  I just did it as soon as they opened at 8 in the morning.
Helpful - 0
I was told I can eat just not 2 hrs before the test then water is ok, I went the other day and went as soon as I woke up just in case so nothing would throw it off cus my last pregnancy I ended up having to do a 3 hr test bc I had a carb intolerance.
Helpful - 0
I was told to fast with my last pregnancy from my obgyn. Bit now that I've switched I was told no food two hours before my test. Water only.
Helpful - 0
I was told by my midwife to avoid carbs and have a high protein breakfast. I took mine today after work and I drank lots of water before hand. I chose the lemon lime because it has the least amount of food coloring. It was nasty and warm. No news from my midwife is good news, so we'll see.
Helpful - 0
Had mine done this morning... was told I can eat regularly... no fasting
Helpful - 0
Just did mine this afternoon, dr said eat light meals before and only water once I drank it.
Helpful - 0
My doc said don't eat for two hours before but you can drink water.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Oct 2015 Babies Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.