Pregnancy: Oct 2015 Babies Community
871 Members

DIAPERS!!!!

I'm 15weeks today won't be finding out what I'm having till may 21st .... But the first thing i plan on is to start stocking up on is diapers and it's been five years for me I'm starting over,then i used huggies and pampers but ik some things has changed so any suggestions on what may be best?
Ive tried them all. My babies are allergic to pampers. Huggies I just dont care for. Luvs I dont like because they leak so eaily and are made cheaply in my opinion. I now use Parents Choice brand from Walmart. They hold well, no leaks, and they are cheaper.  I was skeptical at first because of the price but they turned out to be the best purchase I made on diapers. You get a box of like 120 for $19.  Ill be using the same for #3 on the way.
I was going to stock up as well. This is my first baby. How do you  know what size to buy more of? they grow so fast and I don't know what stage or size they are in the longest.
I'm a FTM I want to start stacking up to but Idk where to start
Ladies I suggest starting with only 1 box of newborn diapers and then get a few size 1. Newborns dont stay in newborn size long. For my kids they outgrew NB size within 1 week. They stayed in size 1 for a little over a month or so.
Ladies I suggest starting with only 1 box of newborn diapers and then get a few size 1. Newborns dont stay in newborn size long. For my kids they outgrew NB size within 1 week. They stayed in size 1 for a little over a month or so. I usually get 1 box of NB, 2 boxes of size 1, and 2 boxes of size 2. If your little one ends up being in size 1 longer than you can always go back to store and grab another box but thats what ive always done.
Also you can exchange your unopened diapers for a different size or brand. We had a few different brands from my baby shower. And once we realized pampers were best for my son we exchanged the other brands for pampers.
I use Pampers for the first couple months, just because a newborn's skin is so sensitive. After that I use Target's up&up brand, they're great and way cheaper.
Thanks ladies that's a lot of help :) I at least know where to start now. So from what I'm hearing most like pampers? Any diaper to avoid?
Try looking ng up the honest company. You can bundle and get them sent to your house
I would only get one box of nb. I stocked up on them in the hospital so I didn't buy any with my first.  
I get a couple of 1s and more of 2s and 3s since I had a bigger babe
Parent's Choice is a great brand!
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.