Pregnancy: Oct 2015 Babies Community
871 Members

Fast pulsating rhythmic belly movements (not hiccups)

Has anyone had or felt ur belly pulsating as if the baby is breathing? I've been getting fast pulsating on my belly (it's definitely not hiccups) but on the top of my belly I can feel n see my belly just pulsate very fast like lungs when ur breathing. When it happens i notice that i get out of breath also but not where its alarming just as if i have been running.  Should I be concerned?
I get this too, I've done some research and realize a few other women have gotten this, but no one seems to know what it is.
I'm getting the same... It's weird and kinda cute at the same time coz it tells me baby is alive and well
Same heer ive been having those also ive search nd no luck to my answer but like kikiftm says it makes me feel great to know my lil one is breathing!!
I have had this happen a lot. It happened yesterday at the dr and she said it's the baby mimicking breathing. It's a good thing, that means their lungs are developing just fine. I have 2 videos of it, my son thinks it's so cool.
Yeah that is how I feel also. It's like I'm watching the baby breathe. I couldn't find anything on the Internet (medical stuff on it) besides ladies asking abt it n saying it's baby practicing breathing. I do hope it means the lungs are fully developed. I just got a bit worried cuz on one post someone mentioned what if the baby was having a seizure in there. But it's just a calm normal pattern of breathing so I'm not going to worry.
My little girl is doing it right now. She has been doing it more and more here the past week. It's kind of neat to see and feel. I never experienced it with my first, it is new to me.
Yup me either never had it with my other kids. But now I want to record it so I can save it for when he grows up.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.