Pregnancy: Oct 2015 Babies Community
871 Members

Passed 5 kidney stones

To my suprise, the urethra pain ive been having wasnt normal. I passed 5 stones this morning. Should i wait til my appt tomorrow morning or tell doc today?
I would call them to make sure they know and can advice you on what to do. They could want you to go to the hospital to check out your kidneys.
Thank you^ I called and they told me to go to triage if Im having any pain at all. After passing them, om relieved of pain so ill be bringing the stones in to my appt tomorrow.
Oh my! You poor thing...that sounds very painful. Yes, I would call ahead of the appointment.
Yes it was very painful!^ :( i honestly would have taken giving birth naturally over that pain anyday.
Thank goodness the pain is gone then. And I'm glad they don't want you to go in unless you get more pain. I know when I pulled my ligament in my rib, they checked my kidneys to make sure I didn't have any kidney stones or anything, so that's why I said to at least call. Hopefully you don't get anymore pain.
Thank you. Im actually getting a mild sharp pain in my kidney now so i fear that i may have an additional stone. I normally dont pass them all and end up needing surgical removal so im hoping its not the case this time. I wonder if ill be induced if i find out tomorrow that the stone i have is too large to pass? :(
They probably will induce you if you need surgery. I know they said if I needed surgery (I was 36 weeks exactly when it happened), they were going to induce me that day and do surgery right after. Thankfully I didn't need surgery because I was freaking out that it would possibly send my daughter to the NICU.
Oh gosh that makes me super nervous now. Im so done with this pregnancy but I was induced with my 2nd at 36 weeks and it was no joke. It HURT! :( Fingers crossed for tomorrow
Yeah, I was so nervous too! I hope you don't have to deliver early either. Keep me updated! Hopefully you won't have to be induced.
Possibly going to ER tonight if my kidney pain keeps progressing. Ill keep an update for sure.
Poor girl! If you go, don't go to the er, just go to labor and delivery because the er freaks out with pregnant woman unless they have been to labor and delivery first. Plus from my experience, labor and delivery is much quicker and they are much more friendly.
Had my appointment this morning. Im 1 cm dilated and baby is head down. Thats good news. As far as my stones go, my ob sent them in for analysis. He just told me to go to L&D if my back hurts A LOT. I Mean its hurting but not bad enough I suppose? I feel like he brushed it off. Just says the earliest he will induce me is 39 weeks. :/ idk i felt like i should have gotten an ultrasound at least to check my kidneys.
If you go to labor and delivery, they probably will order an ultrasound on your kidneys. If it's hurting even mild or moderate, I would go in to make sure you passed them all. If anything, they can give you pain meds if needed. Tylenol alone probably doesn't help much either, but you could try that too.
Thats what I was thinking. The cervix check made my contractions more painful and its bothering my kidneys with each one. I may go in just for some better pain meds and an ultrasound. Tylenol is doing absolutely nothing. Thanks for the advice! :)
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.