early scan and no fetal pole

Hi, this is my third pregnancy but I never knew I was pregnant with the others until I was about 8 weeks and puking my guts out. Went for an u/s on Tuesday and measured 5+5. Only a sac was visible, tech said no fetal pole and thought she could barely see a yolk sac. I have a repeat u/s scheduled for a week from today. Anybody have a similar experience and how did it turn out. I'm so stressed and worried. Won't get my hcg levels until Monday.

Thanks, Lindsey
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have been confirmed at 5w3d so much for being 7w haha just gave to sit and wait ... next ultrasound booked for March 24th
Helpful - 0
Good luck and I'll be hoping for good news. I suffered a loss before my son was born, I know how you are feeling. Good luck!!!
Helpful - 0
Thank you so much ladies! Got my hCG results today and they were right where they should be. I got for an ultra sound Friday and hopefully we'll hear a heartbeat! Thanks and Good luck to all of you!
Helpful - 0
Same happened to me I went on Friday 6w5d and you could see the sac but could not make out anything inside. The technician said I'm probably just not as far along as I think I am. Went and got blood work done and go for a follow up with my doctor Monday afternoon. Probably send me for a scan in a couple weeks. Just trying to stay positive!
Helpful - 0
I know exactly how you feel. I had this with my youngest and she has just dragged be out of bed so we know how that turned out! Doesn't help though I know until you see it for yourself as I'm now eight weeks and went for a reassurance scan at 5+5 as I've had four losses previously and they saw the sac but no heart beat yet. They assured me for 5+5 that was normal but if anything instead of reassuring me it's made be worse :( try not to panic but I know it's hard because I'm exactly the same at the moment . Good luck x
Helpful - 0
Same thing happen to me i went for my first u/s at 5w1d and the tech said she saw the yolk and a possible fetal pole.. Went back at 6w1d and saw the heartbeat 122bpm:) ur probably just to early on to really show anything dont worry
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Oct 2015 Babies Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.