Pregnancy: Oct 2015 Babies Community
871 Members

how much OMEGA 3???

So i just got a bottle of DHA 600 from gnc tonight. It also is combined with 250 mg of EPA(omega 3).  Is that too much? How much do u ladies take???
Bump....anyone plssss lol
I just googled it and *****************.org has a great page with lots of information. They say to take 300 DHA daily while pregnant and nursing. I may pick some up this weekend!
Um, that link was to American Pregnancy dot org. I didn't realize sharing reliable, non-profit web resources was a no no on this forum. I also looked further and Harvard has great information as well. I may not take a supplement after all until talking to my doctor - apparently you can get all you need from walnuts among other nuts, and I have walnuts every morning in my breakfast yogurt and I eat fish about once a week. Might still be a good idea though.
Thanks so much! Lol...yeah I was just concerned because I dont eat fish hardly ever, nor do I eat any type of nut so not sure if ill be getting good amounts through my food. I guess ill have a talk to my doctor first as well. :)
Yeah sounds like it might be a good idea for you then. It appears to be very safe from what I see, but the bigger concern is that there is very little quality control in supplement manufacturing. I was looking further because I wanted to find brand rexommendations. There is a ton of garbage in the vitamin aisle, particularly in the US - things without the stated active ingredient, things with unlisted ingredients, etc. I would ask a professional if it's recommended but primarily for a brand suggestion.
Yikes that is really scary :/. Especially considering the fact that i've spent $22 on 60 capsules from GNC that potentially have hidden ingredients. Thanks for the heads up!
I don't mean to scare you too much! I think some of the bigger problems are with powdered herbal capsules because it is easy to cut in other stuff, sometimes allergens like wheat and soy. An oil capsule seems less prone to being messed with. You might want to do some investigating about GNCs brand though. Good luck!
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.