2.5cm cervix at 27weeks

Hey ladies!
So I am 21 years old, first pregnancy... I had some spotting, nothing serious and my Dr. said everything was fine.. He did a stress test and an ultrasound. Stress test showed a few minor contractions within the hour I was sitting there but it was ok.. So over all, everything looked ok. The next day he called to tell me that my cervix was 2.5cm and he wants me to have an ultrasound done (which I am going to have done in 3 days) but in the mean time, I am kinda worried. I just wanted to hear other mothers input on having the cervix be measured at 2.5cm at 27 weeks... I also am supposed to be going to Florida in 4 days from Massachusetts for a week.(which my dr. will let me know once we do the ultrasound, if it's ok for me to go)... Thanks!!!
I don't know about being actually dialated already, but I'm 27 weeks as well, and have been having TONS of braxton hicks contractions. This baby is dehydrating me like crazy, I have to drink at least 1.5 gallons of water a day to stop the contractions. Good luck and take it easy!
I have also been having this ball of pressure once in a while in my lower stomach thinking it was just her head or bum from repositioning or something but I guess those were a form of contractions... is that how the Braxton hicks start out?
Yes, that's exactly what it feels like. Just a big ball of pressure. Try to pay attention to how long it lasts too.
I will, thank you!