Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ring of fire

im goin for a vbac and getting so so nervous to push baby's head out cuz I heard how bad it burns (ring of fire)..I'm gunna try goin without a epidural and ppl keep tellin me no no no!! Who's done this with out epidural? And how bad is it?
4 Responses
My first two were c-sections and I'm having my 5th vbac. I always get an epidural because I have long labors but with two of them I felt that burn (ring of fire) even with the epidural! I can't tell you What it would feel like without epidural but couldn't be worse than all the contractions
Never really felt this ring of fire everyone talks about (possibly slightly with my first). I tore with both births a little, but barely felt that either, the contractions were distracting me!
Actually now I think of it, I wonder if having waterbirths stopped that feeling too? Had both babies in water which was so great for pain relief!
Yea I'll probably end up with the epidural but I hope not...I'm a small girl 4'10 so I'm hoping he's gunna have a small head cuz my first didn't come down after 6 cm ..water birth sounds like it would be a good idea lol
317217 tn?1456286778
I gave birth to both of mine on just gas and air, it hurts but to be honest I didn't find it that bad, especially knowing that uneasy about to give birth to my baby, literally in fact I loved the pushing bit as I had something to focus on, instead of just being in pain I'm able to work that distraction into pushing, so I only pushed for 15 minutes with my first and 4 pushes with my second. I have to have a c section this time, as this one is breech.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Sep 2015 Babies Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.