A little embarrassed

Hi ladies... So I have a beautiful daughter who is going to be 1 year in February 15 and I recently found out I was expecting again. I am 12 weeks pregnant and me and my boyfriend (also the father of my daughter) are very happy that we are expanding our little family. However I am a little concerned to make the announcement that I am expecting again while my daughter is still so young. I've never been one to care of what others think but I almost feel like I have done my daughter wrong because now she won't get all of my full attention. Also my family!! What will they say and think! Any thoughts ladies. Am I over reacting?
That's a normal feeling. I felt the same way when I had my second. And now onto my third and I still had those feelings. I waited a little longer to announce because I was afraid of what people would say. But don't let that bother you as long as you're happy then that's all that matter's. I need to take my own advice on this one lol. I still haven't told anyone I'm expecting number three yet except close family.
It's just another blessing in your family, if you & your boyfriend  are happy that's all that matters you'll figure out a way to give each attention, Congratulations!  
Thank you so much girls. I am definitely happy that me and my man are happy and that is all that should matter. The funny thing is my sister and my 2 brothers know but I have yet to tell my mom lol that's the one I'm worried about
Lol yes telling mom is scary maybe because I'm only 19 but my mom took it well I'm pretty sure yours will as well just another precious life that's coming into the family she'll love the next just as much as your little 1 year old, babies bring joy ! The sooner you tell her the better :)
I have a 7 year old and a 16 month old. I felt the same as you when i found out i was pregnant with this one im almpst 7 weeks and the most terrifying part was telling everyone especially because i wasnt even excited when i found out. But we told everyone this past weekend and everyone was super nice and support i was shocked and now im a little more excited about this pregnancy.
I'm pregnant again. Due in April my youngest birthday is in march. I've had the same worries about her not getting the attention she deserves  but since I'm aware I think I can avoid the issue and the best part is how close my babies will be as they grow up. They will be almost like twins
Wow ! That's some what like my situation I thought I was the only on I have my six yrs old son and my daughter turns 1 on the 22nd and I'm going to be 5 months on the 20th of this month still haven't announced it yet. Kind of nervous what our families might think. But congrats ! Regardless of anything my fiance and I are the happiest ever!
Go with the flow. My oldest was 6mos when I found out I was pregnant again I told ppl at my daughters 1st birthday. I am pregnant with my third my daughters are 2 and almost 4 and I am due Sunday nobody but my husband knows don't plan on sharing her until she's about 3mos.
I have an 11 year old a 9 years old and a baby who just turned one years old on January 15th and my 4th is due  March 20th, I couldn't be anymore happier. All.mine were planned and it doesn't matter what anyone says we support and take care of our kids so no one has a say so. As for my friend in the same situation is also scared and embarrassed to say she's pregnant again because she lives with her mother and her mother takes on alot as in taking care of my friends kids.
My daughter will be 1 in June. Were expecting nber 2 late September.... We're thinking about announcing at my babies first bday but not sure how everyone would react. Other than my bf, My mom is the only one who knows. Pretty anxious
I felt the same at first. I'm due april 29 & I get more upset about it because my son be two may 4th I feel like I ruin his birthday. It makes me wanna cry. Then this nurse told me today & her & her brother birthday close & it ruin her birthday every year cuz they shared it & she hated that. Which made me wanna cry.
I felt the same way. & then I told the nurse yesterday how I'm due april 29 my boyfriend may 2 & my son is  may 4th & she was like I shared a birthday with my brother I hated it. I felt like my birthday was ruin every year... & now since my daughter & son will be so close I feel extremely bad & makes me upset
I'm the same way my son is already 1 and will be turning 2 only 5 days after my expected due date for my second one I'm only 9 weeks and still haven't told anyone except my husband  
Omg I feel the same EXACT way!! My daughter just turned 10 months and Im 6weeks pregnant. Im nervous to even call the doctor or tell my boss at work(because I can't lift heavy stuff) :( but its a little worse for me because we're still trying to get our own place. But if my bf gets into the union then we'll be all set. So we're kinda waiting to hear back on that. I won't be as concerned because we'll be making better money. But until then, Im kinda freaking out :/
And btw, just read the comments right before mine and my b-day is May 4th also! :)
I am 19 weeks pregnant and my son just turned 1 this month. My Dr said back so soon? Lol. My daughter is3. So I like that they are close together. I went ahead and told my family so they could get it all out.
My daughter is 16 month old and I'm due again in 10 days! I was exactly the same at first I didn't tell work or family till I was 18 week, but now I'm so excited about how close they will be! You will get a lot of people saying " you will have you hands full" etc, but 2 children will always be difficult no matter the age gap!
My younger brothers birthdays are 5 days apart and there were never any problems because they each had their own party. Also, I will be having my second baby when my daughter is 11 month old, so that's almost as close as kids can get haha. We told our families when I was 6 weeks along, but I'm waiting until I know the gender to tell everybody else. People might think I'm crazy but honestly, it's your own family and you can decide when you want to have kids. I'm 13 months younger than my sister and we love it,  so I'm excited to have kids close in age
Itll be okay. I felt like that at first too. If your happy though dont let the nervousness take away from the joy your supposed to feel. My son ashton was 6 months when I concieved my daughter kylie My due date is may 13th and he just had his first birthday on january 29th.
I felt embarrassed because I thought people would judge me because I am 39.  This is my 3rd.  Everyone has been so happy for me.
Don't be embarrassed if you guys ate happy ...I'm 35 and have  3 kids 13..11.. and 1year3month baby and I'm almost 8 months pregnant..Don't worry about what other people say if God sent you another miracle this soon be happy he sends us what we need...just enjoy ; )
Please dont be offended.i mean this in a nice way. You werent embarrassed making it so why be embarrassed to announce. The closer in age the better (maybe diaper wise...) at least ur lil one will have someone to play with. Ur love for one child wont be more for the other so dont feel u did her wrong unless u treat her like a step child (cinderella type of stuff) which i doubt because u wouldnt be feeling like u did her wrong. And it shouldnt matter if it the same dad or not 100 babies by 100 different fathers ur family should be excepting period. I dont know about the fathers side being in that 100 case scenerio. But family should all be happy for u. Im a stranger and I'm happy for u..Congrats to all 3 of u...
I'm exactly the same, don't want to announce like I did with my daughter. But hey we don't ask for anything off anybody so really its none of anybodys business.
To be honest i felt the same way thats why we didnt anounce until i was going to get my 20 week ultrasound but only because my inlaws would keep telling hubby he made mistake in starting a family too soon or how they wish he wouldnt of gotten together with me and hurtful things like that made me not want to tell anyone one because i could only imagine the things they would say when they found out it sort of made me feel like im not good enough for their son...and i actually told my hubby how i feel and he basically told me to not worry as long as we dont ask them for anything they dont have to talk about us...Hubby and i have been together for 5 years b4 having our first baby now we r expecting with baby no. 2 and practically the first person to know was my mom and she was soo happy about it and that made me be more comfortable like nobody else's opinion mattered after that
2

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Social Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.