Pregnancy: Social Community

Anxiety.

Is there anyone else who has been having a hard time with anxiety? I had it before the pregnancy, and it seems to have only gotten worse. My fiance seems to enjoy being around others more then me because of the problem. And well, because of the problem I dont care to be around others. I just wish I could get it under control, and I dont know how while I am always fighting other emotions going on, on top of it.
Yes! I am usually on medicine for my anxiety but I can't take it anymore now that I am pregnant. . I am they same way it's hard to control emotions pregnancy hormones seem a thousand times worse too. . My fiancé puts up with a lot with me but I know he loves me . . Surround yourself with postive ppl. . And definitely talk to your doctor it helps to vent. . Keep your fiancé in the loop with your feelings so he understands this is my second pregnancy and it seems easier this time then it was with my first anxiety wise
Before I got pregnant I took hydroxyzne when needed for panic attacks. I have PTSD, OCD, generalized and social anxiety. I now see a counselor who has helped me identify my triggers and given me information on how to prevent panic attacks and how to reduce my level if anxiety in certain situations
My fiance deals with a lot too, and with my mood always being up and down, I try to understand why he would want to be somewhere else and not home. Not that he is never home, he is home often. He just has friends and people to see other then me, and well I dont. It has been rough, and with me sitting at home it only gets worse. Sometimes I have good days, sometimes I have bad days. Im not a good talker, I guess because I am afraid he will think it is stupid or laugh at me. In the past he has, and it just makes me shut down. I know he may not realize its a real issue to me, and he thinks it is ridiculous at times, but I cant help how I feel. Being around others I am anxious the whole time, its hard for me to enjoy myself. He says these thoughts and feelings are all in my head, well I am sure it is but it doesnt make it any easier to be around others. I see eyes when they arent looking at me, I hear words when noone is talking. I always feel judged and I am terified of looking stupid to others. I drive myself crazy. I used to smoke, but I quit when we foundout I was pregnant, it helped me a lot with my anxiety, but now I have nothing. I am worried about taking medication for it because of the baby and when I did take medication, it never helped so I quit taking it. Just need a friend, someone I can speak freely too. Its not always easy with him, and my anxiety is strong when I try too. He wants to understand, but I barely do and I dont know how to explain it. I feel like a nut.
Have you ever tried essential oils. If you are interested. Let's know. They gave done wonders for my family
Try seeing a mental health counselor. It really has helped me and smoking may seem like it helps but it can make it worse.  I used to be a smoker too and started at 15 years old. Hydroxyzne is an antihistamine but there aren't enough studies on how it affects fetal development so I only take it when I need to such as when I needed to get my blood drawn, or when I'm on over crowded buses. But I never took it unless I needed it to begin with.
I feel like I could of wrote this myself!! My anxiety is getting to the point where I can't control it. I don't know what to say to help you just know you're not alone.
Message me if you ever want to talk. :)
I would LOVE to see a therapist, I feel I need to talk about it with someone who can help me work through it, which is why I dont want to take medication. People often tell me I need it because it is a chemical embalance, but I feel I just need to talk, and not be afraid to talk. I didnt want/take medication before my baby, and I really do not want too now because of my baby.

I am so thankful to know I am not alone, because I always feel like I am. Others will talk about having anxiety, but mine is so bad it literally controls me and will happen at random times sometimes and I have attacks. Which before the pregnancy, I rarely had attacks, I have one at least every day or every other. I feel alone often, because I dont have friends and my boyfriend is so normal. It is hard when someone doesnt understand and all they/you want is for them too.
I recently started have back to back panic attacks in February. I suffered through them for a month which made my life a living hell, along with me it started affecting my family. I never want to do or go anywhere all I wanted to do was stay in bed. The I started a low dose of serotonin,  which help tremendously. Then in july I found out I was pregnant in july. I was no longer on the medication.  For the first 10 weeks or so of my pregnancy the systems came back at full force it was so hard I worried about everything, I would even freak of when I had to go to the dr. Its even been effecting my blood pressure when I go see my ob, it will be through the roof and by the appointment back to normal. Ive also been a smoker trying to quit. I have not completely been able to drop the habit. Its been so hard. Im 17 weeks and I would say things have gotten better. For a long time I wouldn't tell anyone what was going on but I have recently been opening up and talking with people I trust and its almost a relief. When my negative thoughts start to arise I try to think of possitive or just things that make me happy. I also pratice deep breathing techniques daily. Yoga is another good thing to try out. Ive also invested in occasional relaxing massages and the use of essential oils. If you ever need to talk im her, just a message away. I nice to talk to other mothers that are going threw same thing.
The anxiety has always made me a stranger to others we have known. My boyfriend and I live in Kentucky, while our families live in Florida. The friends we have, are his friends and I feel like they dont like me, because of how I am while around others. I shut down and come off as a ***** because I am so uncomfortable and so deep in my own head! I just feel everyones eyes and judgement. We used to smoke cigarettes and tree, we quit both as soon as we found out. It was hard at first for the cigarettes, but that lasted only a few days. The other want never goes away for me. If my boyfriend hadnt of quit both with me, I would not of been able too, it helped a lot, just like eating healthy. I am 17weeks as well, due March 14th. It does help to have someone to talk too, especially a mom to be like me. I just have no friends, or any other outlets, and this has helped already just having a reply makes me feel better.
Yes!! I have extreme anxiety and depression and was on a lot of medications for it before I found out I was pregnant. Now that I cant take it I am constantly worrying and stressing myself out. I dont go around any of my friends nor do I want to. Alot of people say they have anxiety but its nothing to just say you have unless you truly have problems with it. My boyfriend just thinks its because im pregnant that I act the way I do but its because of my anxiety. And your EXACTLY right, its a feeling you cant describe and makes you feel like an outkast because nobody gets it.....
Exactly. If there were anyone who did, I wish it was my boyfriend. But I dont even understand, and to expect him too isnt fair. If I had a better understanding of it, things would be easier. I havent had it my whole life, or maybe I have and just never noticed it. But its extreme, and I rather stay home then explain myself to someone just to have them agree or have them judge me because they dont get it. My fiance says "Who cares what people think!" well, because of my anxiety, that is all I care about. Especially when I feel like everyones eyes are on me, judging me. My fiance is so easy to like, to get along with, so.. Normal. And that makes me feel even worse because I am the total opposite, I dont see myself like that, and I am pretty sure noone else does either. I dont even undertand why he is with me half the time, I feel like a lost cause, just one big problem and drag to his life.
Just remember it's ok to open up to people, because as you see a lot of people have the same issue. Your fiancé is with you cause he loves you and he may not understand all the time but he seems like he tries that's what matters and yes a lot of friends don't understand make them understand they may be way more supportive then you think. Living with anxiety is a daily struggle but talking about it and venting helps even letting out a good scream or cry helps to. Just keep yourself busy or your mind is constantly gonna cause problems that aren't their. . Talk to your doctor she can always recommend a therapist if that's something your willing to try. .
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.