Pregnancy: Social Community

Breast Milk

I'm 38 weeks turning 39 next week on Monday and also getting induce someday next week. I haven't gotten any breast milk come out yet, why?? I really really want to breast feed my little one && I'm scared milk won't come out is there anything I can help myself with to produce it ? Anything I need to eat or do ? Or its going to come out once I have my baby I haven't gotten nothing at all I'm a little worried:/
did you try taking a hot bath & relaxing then squeeze around your nipple afterwards?! It always works for me..
your breast milk normally  comes in after baby is born. and even then colostrum  comes first, filled with all the good stuff your  baby needs to give it all your immunity. so if you start breast  feeding  and pumping and the fluid doesn't  look like milk (colostrum can be almost clear) dont freak it's normal and dont toss it! good luck!
It will sort it's self out sweetie. Breastfeeding is the most natural thing, you body will know what to do when it comes to it. The midwifes should help you latch your baby after birth too. Good luck with everything and stay strong. Remember the amazing benefits your giving your child by breastfeeding.
You will have colostrum for the first few days and then your milk will let down, colostrum is clear and different to milk it's full of everything your new baby needs so don't stress about it, it takes a few days for your milk to come after birth :)
Thank you guys && yes I'm kind of stressing about it but if it has to come once I have my baby then it has to come..I'll also try the warm water bath hopefully it helps
If you don't mind me asking why are you getting induced? I am literally one day after you, I turn 39 weeks on Tuesday and I have a feeling I am going to go past my due date :/
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.