Pregnancy: Social Community

CERVIX CHECK!!!!!

I have a doctors appointment on Monday and I was wondering. When the doctor checks your cervix is it painful? and can it trigger labor? I am 38+5 :)
It can trigger labour in some cases, i find it more uncomfortable than painful though.
I wouldn't call it painful.  Definitely uncomfortable though.   Lots of pressure and I would spot a bit after.
It can be a little painful and isn't necessary info since you can be dilated 4 cm for weeks before labor.
Very uncomfortable n pain but not much had mines check last week n hunted afterwards
Thanks for all your comments now I have a idea and what to look foward to.
Some people it hurts more than others for example I'm a ftm and it felt like murder to me
It's definitely uncomfortable but for me just knowing he is telling me I'm progressing it is more like in the back of my mind. Then when he told me he could feel her head I was like not even caring about the pain or anything else in the world just the fact that he was touching my baby! It's incredible. I love her so much already :)
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.