Delivery

My boyfriend's mom wants to be in the delivery room but I don't want her to be. I got pregnant pretty early in the relationship and I don't feel comfortable enough having her there. She knows my sister is gonna be in the delivery room and is being pushy. Any advice in making it easier to say no
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Tell the truth. Your not comfortable with her seeing you like that. That's not your mother and you feel like your privacy is invaded, she has to respect that. If not daddy gonna have to talk to his momma
Helpful - 7
Never heard of this seems to me she is trying to turn this into about her . Good luck with this one .
Helpful - 2
I just wouldn't tell her when your in labor and not call her until after baby is born. It's your choice not hers and even if she does show up the nurses can tell her only so many people ( your sister) can be in the room. They are professional baby bouncers.
Helpful - 0
Same thing is happening to me also I'm just not letting her know when I'm going in labor or I'll just tell my doctor or nurses in advance don't let no one else in but my sister or the person u want in there
Helpful - 0
My mother in law wanted to be in so I told her I didn't want her looking down there so she stood behind me and just helped with my back and shoulders and soon walked off to the side and took pictures of my son when he was born. This time it's just going to be me and my husband
Helpful - 0
So tell her they only allow 2 people in the room during delivery and you've already made up your mind on your bf and sis being in there.
Helpful - 0
Maybe she can stand above you? Don't lie because she'll find out and you'll make matters worse. Say "hay, I'd prefer a small setting and frankly, I won't be comfortable with anyone else in the room."
Helpful - 0
Have boyfriend say something or blame it on the hospital and say they won't let anymore people in the room. Hospital will protect you and won't let her in if you let them know when you go.
Helpful - 0
I thought there was a limit to the number of people in the room, usually 2 anyway right? Either way, she needs to be told whether by you or your bf that the only people you ate comfortable with are your sister and bf.

Of course like the others, you don't have to tell her when you're in labor.

Have you talked with your bf about it yet, didn't read that.

I honestly don't want anyone in the room with me, not even my mom or husband.
Helpful - 0
If I were u, I will let her in.  I think she like u a lot. She is so happy and excited for u and for her son she is sooooo ready to be granma :)). Give her a chance to feels responsible ... Will need her help sometime after delivery am so sure of that .. To baby sit  for example. Don't Roon ur relationship with her  advice .
Helpful - 0
My boyfriend drives truck and is only home once a week. He came home last night and told me his mom is no longer planning a baby shower for me (no big deal we bought almost everything ourselves) but she wants to have a "first time grandma" party... anyone ever heard of this?
Helpful - 0
No that's werid.
Have your bf do it. He needs to handle it. If not, stand up for what you want. Your baby, your body. I've been married for 10 years and will not be having anyone in the room but my husband, and everyone is fine with me that. She will get over it.
Helpful - 0
Exactly.
Have your bf do it. He needs to handle it. If not, stand up for what you want. Your baby, your body. I've been married for 10 years and will not be having anyone in the room but my husband, and everyone is fine with that. She will get over it.
Helpful - 0
U need to let her know up front she's not coming in there. My mom had the same problem. And her sister slammed the door in her face because she was being pushy and trying to give unwanted advice and trying to give orders. I have been married for 3 years and my husbands mom with never come in the room while I'm like that. Thank goodness she lives states apart. Just remember something you are the one pushing this baby out of ur body ur the one hurting you should have first choice on who is in the room. I have heard sometimes the other female like a mother or mother in law tries to steal the show. If she's being pushy now just wait she will try to tell u how to raise it feed it how to dress it ur not doing this or that write.
Helpful - 0
My hubby and I got pregnant 6 months into our relationship. My mom insisted on being in the delivery room so I felt I couldn't keep my "MIL" (future) out. Before I know I have both my parents, both his parents, his grandmother, my mom's BFF (like an aunty to me), my BFF...oh and my "baby daddy". My doctor gave me a safe word and if I said it she would clear the room except for baby daddy.

You get to a point in labor that you don't care if the janitor comes in and reaches up to measure your cervix. Anyway, seeing the awe and love on their faces while witnessing the birth of their grandchild, great grandchild, etc. was truly amazing for me. They were all crying and hugging.

It was also amazing for me to have so much love and support in the room with me. To each his own, but it can be a beautiful thing to share with friends, family and loved ones.

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Social Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.