Pregnancy: Social Community

Diabetes.

So I read today that diabetes can cause birth defects. Any moms have diabetes before getting pregnant?  Any advice not to be nervous.
My cousin had diabetes prior to pregnancy and her baby came out perfect and healthy.
Friend had gestational diabetes with all 3 of her kids all are fine and gorgeous
There is a higher chance of birth defects with uncontrolled diabetes but if you keep your blood sugar as close to normal as possible you should be fine. You should have an endocrinologist helping you get through this or and/or a perinatologist.
My sister in law is diabetic and just had her baby in January. Other than her son being 10lbs 9oz my sister and her child were perfectly healthy and doing very well (:
I have a friend who is a type 1 diabetic and had 2 boys that are healthy. Both came earlier then full term, but that is normal for diabetes.
Thank you everyone. That makes me feel so much better. As soon as I read that I put the stupid pamphlet down. Lol.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.